Build Type: Solution
TOL is an international manufacturer of innovative tree management machinery for the ag industry. Their website makes it easier for machine owners and distributors to search for and order parts across a healthy database of thousands of components.
- This site uses our DeepCMS approach.
- We preserved previous design efforts and improved on it with a custom designed child theme we created.
- TOL Distributors and Machine Owners get a different experience once they login based on their user role.
- TOL staff can maintain the entire website themselves and the entire inventory ordering system.
- For online product inventory creation, we engaged a professional photographer with experience enumerating filenames as image capture occurs to match model numbers and other file naming criteria required by TOL’s corporate catalog naming conventions.
- User Manuals are readily available to machine owners and Distributors.
- An enhanced search capability beneath a simple search field makes it easy to quickly find the needed components for ordering.
- Administrative and end-user workflows were optimized to minimize complexity.
- Security paradigms related to inventory management and online ordering dictated how the end user experience would be allowed to emerge.
- This site integrates a user portal experience with e-commerce and a membership system to provide different experiences to different user roles. The portal allows the company to publish different content and files to specific members or groups of members, among many other capabilities.
As with all of our sophisticated builds, an Integration and Security Document is maintained that can be used to understand how the site is put together and what dependencies it contains. These are invaluable for troubleshooting and regression testing through various upgrades of the environment.
Work performed as MJ Penner Consulting