Sometimes you need tech support, and sometimes you just need to bounce an idea off of someone who has been doing this sort of work for over 20-years with agencies, software startups, and global enterprise clients. Then again, maybe you need someone competent at doing formalized research that uses a real methodology? Whatever the case, with me you have a resource that can give you this sort of flexible support.
FlexSupport provides existing clients with timely access to me as a resource for a variety of non-project related needs. If you are an agency, our contract will include one of these options for covering your needs depending on how we have agreed to do business together. The pricing we agree to will reflect that and won’t necessarily be what you find on this page.
- Eligible clients have completed at least one prior web project, tech writing project, or other project level experience and are in good financial standing with FlexTech Media.
- $65/hr billed in 20-minute increments with a minimum 1-hour charge.
Non-Project Requests from New Clients
For those who have not worked on a project basis with me in the past that need ad-hoc consulting or technical assistance, my standard rate is $80/hr billed in 20-minute increments, with a minimum 1-hour charge.
I will always evaluate your request first to make sure I am the right resource to help. I know people (and they actually like me) that can probably help if I cannot.
All FlexSupport plans include access to my online Service Desk, and allow you to contact me by phone, text, or e-mail. FlexSupport is always documented and the hours incurred tracked for you. When you use FlexSupport, you get an American who understands the business of technology. I don’t outsource to India for support, or use overseas resources to deal with the challenges you have entrusted me to help you with.
FlexSupport does not provide web development services, new websites, or other project-level needs.
What You Get For the Money
My degree is in Management and Organizational Development, not Computer Science. My business approach to providing tech support and cognitive services follows a formalized methodology inspired by W. Edwards Deming’s “Continuous Quality Improvement” and “Total Quality Management”. My JIRA Service Desk video is probably the most compact demonstration of how I put Deming’s teachings into practical, everyday use for rendering assistance. But, my entire business is predicated on these philosophies, not just how I handle FlexSupport.
Here are some things you could use FlexSupport for in addition to technical help:
- Screen-sharing based live support if you need it.
- Content Management Updates and Modifications.
- Proactive Site Maintenance and Security Hardening (SMASH) services for WordPress website health. My SMASH capability has prevented thousands of attackers from compromising WordPress websites in both the USA and Canada, including university-sponsored websites, tourism bureau websites, major agricultural research websites with sensitive data to protect, websites for global manufacturing machine companies in the ag and food processing industries, and more.
- Access to services coming soon to help with GDPR Compliance.
- Consulting services for evaluating new ideas or help evaluating a new technology.
- Site Navigation Modifications with adjustments and modifications to the structural hierarchy of your site.
- Sophisticated web forms creation, testing, and implementation.
- Shadow Support for joining conference calls with other technology or service providers that you would like me to help you evaluate or assist in working through difficulties with. I’ve been doing this for over 25 years and have worked with technology service providers from around the world. I understand how to formulate the right questions and how to ask them so clarity is achieved.
- Concept Evaluations such as “Should we put xyz social media feed behind a paywall?” and other miscellaneous help in evaluating a new idea for your website.
- Help with image optimization challenges.
- Plans do not include any licenses or other virtual materials that may be required to help in your particular case. You will always be notified if such expenses are possible.
- Any general help I can provide with using WordPress, managing and optimizing your media, or answering questions about the best way to implement an idea for a campaign or functional need.