This website for an organic farming operation launched mid-2022 at https://pasafarms.com.
Here are the highlights:
- It’s a custom design that includes mobile and tablet responsiveness.
- The design is implemented in a specific way to allow the client the ability to update content themselves regardless of layout complexity.
- I was also contracted to write the content for the website, so I spent time learning about their target audience and what words and phrases are interesting to them and how their competition does it.
- For a writing style guide I stuck with the Oxford Dictionary of American Usage and Style.
- I also integrated an interactive map feature on their Logistics page. It uses an API to Google Maps.
- I implemented a streamlined video player for the home page, and rendered the video at a low bit rate for smaller movie file size. The video is also housed on a CDN for yet more speed improvement. On mobile I omit the home page video to decrease page load time.
- The grape data tables were interesting to design, then getting them to resize well on mobile.
- I created a user guide for training the client on running the website, as well as a Site Integration Map that is focused more on web integrators than web designers, so that if something happens to me, another professional can step in and help.
- They are on my Site Maintenance and Security Hardening (SMASH) plan to keep their site as difficult to hack as possible.